What is the level of funding to support PE & Sport?
The government has introduced a grant of £8,000 per school plus £5 per pupils to expand sporting opportunities for pupils and the opportunity to take part in competition.
How much does our school receive?
To date, for the school year 2015/2016, we have received £8685
How is this money spent?
£9202 has been used to buy into a sports package with JB Coaching. The programme incorporated:
- Continued Professional Development of staff to support the development of the PE curriculum and national agendas
- The provision of high quality PE teaching and specialist coaching linked to both the school and extended curriculum
- Improving and developing sport equipment in school to support the delivery of a quality PE curriculum
£1505 has been used for transport to:
- provide pupils with the opportunity to take part in sporting competitions, festivals and events
- further enhance collaboration with other schools by bringing children together through sporting opportunities.
Therefore there was an overspend of £2022.
What is the impact of this funding?
Children are experiencing a range of sports through sports coaching. In addition to the usual dance, gymnastics and team games children have also had opportunities to be involved in golf, tag rugby, cricket, to name a few. All children from Year 1 to Year 6 swim for three terms per school year, with tuition provided by a qualified swim instructor. Children have high levels of physical activity and enthusiasm for sport is increasing.
During the year 2014-2015, the percentage of children reaching age related expectation increased compared to same period in the 2013-2014 academic year. Equally a greater number of children are reaching the recommended attainment of 25 metres in swimming.
Plans are in place for sporting events with our collaboration of schools. We are exploring a wider range of sports for children to become involved in and looking at further opportunities to extend sport and PE beyond our curriculum.
During the academic year we have participated in many inter school sports competitions, involving children from across the school.
How are the Governors involved?
The Governors receive updates on the way in which this funding is used and its effectiveness.
What should children wear for PE & Sport?
At Wragby School children are expected to wear PE kit consisting of a white t-shirt or polo shirt, black or navy shorts. In winter months, children can also wear black or navy jogging bottoms. An appropriate pair of trainers or plimsolls should also be worn.